Motor Vehicle Information

Report Commercial Vehicles

If you have a commercial vehicle, garaged in Johnson County, with a USDOT number, Johnson County is providing two options for processing:

  • Online reporting via the Commercial Vehicle Reporting form.
  • Olathe Motor Vehicle Office located at 782 N. Ridgeview Road (commercial vehicles will not be processed at the Mission Motor Vehicle Office)

Commercial vehicles must have the following information; USDOT #, FEIN or SSN#, VIN #, Plate #, Make, Year, Gross Weight, and Garaged Address to use these services.

If you have questions, or need additional information, please contact our office at 913-826-1800.

New Website







More >>

Events/Important Dates

Last day to renew for letters T, V, W - November 30, 2013

Last day to renew for letters U, X, Y, Z - December 31, 2013

Real & Personal Property Taxes Due (First Half) - December 20, 2013

Miles for Meals 5K - June 21, 2014


Thank you for providing feedback to the Treasury and Financial Management Department. For real estate or personal property tax questions, choose Treasury below. For all finance, benefits, payroll, accounts payable, and risk managmentment questions, choose Finance below. For all Motor Vehicles specific questions, such as titling, renewals, and registration, choose Motor Vehicles. Please note that all fields are required.